Is your kitchen feeling a little well, tired and cluttered? Need a fresh update, but not sure how to get there without costly renovations? Starting fresh could be more than your pocket book can afford, so here are a few fun ideas to give your kitchen a fresh update.
(This post contains affiliate links to help you know what to shop for, and to help me afford bringing you great advice on how to update your heart and home)
12 simple ideas to freshen up your kitchen
- Paint. Paint your cabinets, your walls, your dining table, or your island. This may be time consuming, or feel like its more work than you want to pour in, but paint is the trick to a fresh inexpensive update. Navy, off-white, or grey in a simple chalk paint can go a long way in an old worn kitchen. If you have any cabinet doors that feel like they are falling off, take them off and paint or wallpaper inside the cabinet for fun. I love this painted update from ourstoriedhome.
- Fresh (or fake) flowers. Flowers can lift our spirits and bring life into a lifeless space. Find some flowers in your accent color or a fresh white, pop them into a painted mason jar or a vase, and there you go!
- New hand towels. How often do we keep our old hand towels hanging up in our kitchen. Yep, splurge a few dollars on some new hand towels. They will make you smile everytime you dry your hands.
- Put it on a tray. A coffee or tea tray keeps everything in one spot and creates an area of interest. Add some greenery to your tray to liven it up!
- Add a chalkboard. No matter what your kitchen looks like, a chalkboard carries a dramatic look. It also is functional giving you a place to write lists or pop an encouraging quote or scripture.
- Add a backsplash. Or paint your existing one. Simple and less busy is always a better choice. This will also keep you from disliking your backsplash in a couple of years when it gets outdated.
- Replace your countertops. This will help your resale too!
- Add an island. A great option whether its placed on an empty wall for some extra storage with a pretty picture above, or it gives you a functional anchor for your kitchen.
- A bowl of fruit. Put your fresh fruit in your favorite serving bowl and leave on your counter. You may even find yourself eating more fruit:).
- Hide your small appliances. Only keep out a select few and put away the rest. It may feel annoying to pull them out every time you need them, but it will clean up your kitchen immensely
- Change your hardware. A simple yet effective solution to updating or changing the feels of your kitchen.
- Update your lighting. New lighting can take your kitchen from old to new.
Choose all of these items on the list, or just a couple. Either way, these ideas are sure to create a fresh space you can love again. Even if your kitchen is not the most functional, it may help you live with it a little while longer…
Here are a few of my favorite things to help you freshen up your kitchen!