Summer is almost through and I find myself getting excited about decorating for fall (watch for my cozy fall home tour coming soon). I love to see what is on trend in home decor, so if you are doing any home updates this fall, here is what is on the horizon…
Try not to get too caught up on trends as they are always changing anyway. But hopefully, this helps you apply a few simple ways to freshen up your space.
Fall 2018 Home Decor Trends
- I feel like the 70s and 80s and 90s have come together in an ultra-modern feel. Simplicity is key. Boeheim has all the feels. Are you seeing this fashion too? I don’t know if you have noticed, but fashion always coordinates with home decor. Isn’t this a cute photo from Unique house design?
- Rich deep shades of forest green, turquoise, burgundy, and navy blue are back with florals and golds galore- Paint an accent wall in your favorite color or put up a soft floral wallpaper where appropriate. This pic and post from Homebunch has some great ideas!
- Things are warming up with natural shades of wood and touches of nature with greenery. -Keep that warm floor and incorporate some natural green plants with a light basket weave base.
- Modern gold fixtures. -Change out your builder grade lighting fixtures… or keep those gold 80s ones up:)
- Farmhouse and shiplap are here to stay. -Incorporate some black and white plaid with your accent pillows or throws. I love this photo from Farm fresh homestead.
- Black and white. -Black metals with white walls are the trend.
- Traditional elements to warm it up. -So go buy that tufted accent chair.
- Greys are warming up. -Steer clear of cold greys and incorporate warmer greiges onto your walls.
Add in your painted pumpkins and cozy throws and you are good to go with your cup of PSL in hand for fall! Check out my decorating ideas on my own fall home tour. Want more trend updates? Pop your email below for regular home and heart updates.