How do you feel about prayer, my friend? Do your prayers feel a little confusing and even somewhat frustrating? Do you feel like prayer is boring, or like your prayers are going unanswered?
I totally get it! I remember days of praying and praying and not seeing any fruit. But there was one special day that changed my view on what prayer is.
My sister years ago talked about how she prayed with her
From that moment on, I started praying with my kids about everything. I realized over time that prayer is a constant conversation with the Lord.
Prayer is about a relationship with Jesus. When we pray, we are committing our concerns, our worries, hurts, fears and joys to the one who wants to do life with us. We are spending time talking with Him just like a best friend. We need to stop making prayer a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”Matt 11:28-30
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.Philippians 4:6
He says commit our plans to Him. He wants to us to surrender our will to Him. He wants to carry our burdens. He wants to do life with us. The trouble lies when we try to keep carrying ourselves and then get upset when the changes we are crying out for don’t seem to change, or go our way.
Just let go…
Yup, that’s right. Let go, my friend! The Lord wants to carry this with you and do incredible things in your life if you would just do this simple thing when you pray.
So, today surrender your whole heart to Jesus. Give Him your life, your concerns, and worries today. Lay it all before Him and then trust what He is doing. Pray for spiritual eyes to see things His way because it doesn’t always go the way we want, but it’s always for our good when we live in relationship with Him.
Maybe you have found deep hurt after praying, or things went badly and you feel scared to let go. I totally understand, my friend! This can be so hard! But when we know just how much the Lord loves us and His plans for us are good, everything changes and we find healing. When we can find the beauty from the ashes (because the Lord is always restoring things). The key is to surrender it all to the Lord. Then trust He is working everything out for His glory and for your good, my friend. He will always redeem our situation if we live for Him, just trust Him and surrender, letting Him walk through it all with us.
He never promised us a life without trouble but He did promise He would walk through it with us. So when your kid comes home in tears over
I even remember one time I was looking for like a week or two for this library book I couldn’t find and it was overdue. Finally I prayed to find it and I think it was within the hour I happened to lift up a mat on a bench by the front door and there it was! God really does care about the little things!
How to have
- Spend time with the Lord all day every day in conversation with Him with worship music on, or go for a hike spending time in His presence, or go to your quiet prayer closet to pray, listen and read scripture journaling what He says
- Repent. Sometimes we get so caught up in us, we forget about Him, so it’s important to ask for forgiveness when we have lost focus.
- Surrender to His plans. Sometimes it’s just a perspective change in seeing the blessings in the hardship. This is where surrender helps. We are not always right! lol. I know. Hard to believe right? Ask, What can I learn from this? How can I grow from this? How can I help others from this? Learning dependence on Jesus is key to knowing His loving character better.
- Ask for prayer from a trusted, Godly friend to help carry you in prayer through this
- Be specific in your prayers. Spend time talking and listen to Jesus telling Him exactly what you need. This totally helps! Rather than just saying Lord help me. Though there are times, lol! Pray specifically for what you want or need and pray in Jesus name (there is power in the name of Jesus!)! Pray wherever you are and while you are doing all the things, just like you would talk to your best friend. Always praying. Always in conversation with him being specific.
Lord, I am struggling to know what to do and how to persevere in this. but Lord you need me to depend on you and not on my own strength so help me to surrender this over to you. Please forgive me for not despending on you. Where I am weak you are strong so I will depend on you today, so you show up and its not me. Forgive me for carrying the burdens you never intended for me to carry and I release it all over to you today ___________ (speak
What is your greatest struggle today friend? Needing more encouragement? Pop your email below for more heart and home advice right to your email.
Leave a Reply