What are your plans to make this Valentine’s day special? Going out on Valentine’s day can be difficult as restaurants are usually full. They are also a little more expensive on this special day. Not to mention these crazy quarantine days can be difficult to get out anywhere. So I have created a special dinner table to bring all the cozy feels right to your own home. We can make this year even more special than ever before!
Simple steps to decorating your Valentine’s day table
1. Place a tablecloth on your table
2. Layer pink and red placemats or craft paper, and napkins. Anything that gives all the Valentine’s day feels.
3. Set the table. Wine glasses, plates and cutlery…
4. Place paper hearts down the center of your table to set the tone for your centerpiece.
5. Layer with greenery, candle holders, and floral arrangements
You can use whatever you have on hand. If you don’t have anything red or pink, a trip to the dollar store can help make set your table without spending a lot of money. I used whatever I had on hand so this table setting was really inexpensive to make. The only purchase I made was the red tissue paper for the hearts on the bottom of the centerpiece. Decorating my own table all romantic, the kids kept coming in one by one and asking why the table was set so pretty;). It was funny to see their teenage reactions!
A family breakfast around the decorated dinner table will make our celebration extra special. It’s the little things these days, right? And even better… grab take out and enjoy a romantic dinner at home with the husband on Valentine’s day together.
List of items needed to decorate your Valentine’s Day table
- Table cloth
- Red/pink/Valentine’s day Napkins
- Tealight candles and votives
- Vase with red florals
- Red or pink placemats or craft paper
- Red hearts with craft paper, tissue paper or heart-shaped doily’s
Need some date night ideas? Check out my post here on some inexpensive ways to make this day extra special with your loved one. Like what you are reading? Sign up below to have my monthly newsletter and special offers come right to your inbox!
Update… We had the chance to spend time with the kiddos for a yummy valnetines day breakfast and online church.
We also got out for dinner on a little date for charcuterie board and wine tasting at a local winery. What a special time.
What are some of your favorite Valentines day traditions, friend?
Leave a Reply