With summer almost upon us, are you seeing all the patio spaces on social media that look
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps me keep giving you amazing home décor advice:)*
It can be simple…
And it doesn’t have to be perfect or expensive to be pretty…
Stop comparing and feeling anxious about trying to create perfect, and feel good about creating your own cozy…
After my sister texted me, asking for me for advice on how to decorate her outside space, it got me thinking…
Decorating your patio is actually quite simple; Treat your outside space like your inside space!
Steps to decorating your outdoor patio or deck
- Use my redesign step by step process to create the ultimate cozy patio or deck area
- Your view is your focal point
- Don’t be afraid to hang artwork on empty wall (siding) areas
- Add in outdoor throw pillows and cozy blankets
- Throw down an outdoor area rug if you don’t love your patio flooring (or paint or restain it, if it’s concrete or wood)
- Choose 2 to three colors as your accent colors just like you would your interior
- Outdoor plants, flowers or shrubs go a long way to add to your cozy feels (go with fake shrubs if you really have to;))
- Use outdoor safe décor (whatever is safe to the outside elements of your area) to cozy up your space. Take in your decor at the end of the season so it lasts longer and doesn’t blow away in the winter months.
- Clean it! Use some good old soapy water and a brush and scrub down your space to make it feel clean and fresh. We are drawn to clean spaces.
- Paint your exterior door in your accent color
Dontbe afraid to get creative!
Want some fresh affordable pieces to add to your deck? Shop a few of my favorite things…
I applied my Redesign steps to my deck
If we are going to treat our outside spaces like our inside, wouldn’t my simple redesign steps work to do the same for our outdoors? So I tried it and it worked great!
My deck redesign
I still need to paint my newly found table in a soft white, and I would love new art for my “wall” area. I hope to update this post as soon as I have freshened those areas up.
After redesigning my deck, my family all ended up getting cozy with some smores around the fire and good tunes together! Much to my surprise, redesigning my deck actually worked! I didn’t spend anything and my family was drawn to the cozy indoor/outdoor space I created!
Ready to redesign your patio spaces? What are your favorite outside colors? What is your inspiration? And who is the first person you would invite to join to after it’s all done?
Want help redesigning your outdoors? Grab a copy of my book Redesign, or pop your email below for my free redesign checklist! Follow the simple step by step process within my book to redesign your space within your budget!
Now you have the opportunity to learn how to make your space cozy and peaceful!
Order your very own copy of my newly published book Redesign.
Bring peace to your home with these simple steps to interior redesign, family recipes, and heartwarming encouragement.